Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 17 February 2021

Mardi Gras recovery


 It was a proper Fat Tuesday in The Wickets last night as I ate my body weight in pancakes, ok, I actually had two, but as I am trying  to lose a bit of weight ( a lot) it was a bit naughty. 
I do love pancakes and it was always a  great evening as a child, Dad made great pancakes and could eat millions ( or so it seemed when I was little).
We always ate ( and still eat) them with golden syrup. Yummy!


I saw that South Africa will be playing in Ireland in the summer, in Malahide where my friend lives, wouldn't it just be wonderful if I could go to see my friend and go  to watch South Africa. That would be just a perfect antidote to the last year.

I'm very busy making things for my post lockdown birthday tea party. I've made 'grown up' party bags and am currently sorting out the menu. There is not very much else to do whilst I wait for the AWOL joiner to reappear.

wonderful word of the day


Evigilation

Perhaps getting out of bed on a morning wouldn't seen so difficult at times if it was referred to as evigilation.
The word was known in English by the 18th century in the sense of 'awakening' and took its origin from the Latin verb  evigilare ( to wake up)

I struggled to evigilate this morning I can tell you.

and with that I am off out in the rain, which I much prefer to the snow.









No comments :