Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 10 February 2021

Mid week before I knew it


 Welcome to Wednesday, its half way through the week already and  I am now pushing myself to get things done.

Last night I started to prime the chair and got the stuffing and dacron stapled onto the seat  ready for the fabric to be put on. I am hoping that this will be completed by beginning of next week, but if not there's no hurry, its not as if anyone can come round.

Am I the only one that thinks that TV is pretty rubbish at the moment, I've watched a couple of good things since Christmas but not much else to write home about,  I pay a fortune for Sky and cricket was on Channel 4!. I also tend to go to bed and watch things on Amazon Prime. 

I also saw that the BBC are putting up the license fee, I can't remember the last time I watched any BBC ( and I used to be an avid Sunday night watcher of BBC4 foreign films). I know I am not getting much  out of my fee.

We are still no further forward as to when lockdown will end, I think this is why people are becoming a little bit tired. A few of my friends have been diagnosed with depression, and I suspect there may be a few more before summer arrives. We seem to be running out of steam.

I have set up a regular morning meeting with the gang in thee office , we chat about things going on at home and how  lockdown is impacting on our lives, its just really to get things off our chest, but it also is a good way to monitor the well being of my colleagues.

This usually lasts about 15 minutes, it hardly encroaches on our working day but has become something that we have found useful.

Snow is still a problem and as this is our 5th delivery since Christmas  it is now becoming tiresome. With what looks to be about another inch over night I am heartily sick of it.

In other news, my sister is on the mend and doing good, this is a huge weight off my mind although I think that I may still be meals on wheels for another couple of weeks.


Whilst reading my book 'Change your life one day at a time' I came across a section called 'release your emotions'

I thought this might be of some help.

We all know that crying when angry, sad or stressed ( yes!!!) is being recognised as beneficial and helps with the healing process. Its been recognised that healing tears differ from those caused by say, hay fever. This explains why people feel better after a cry.

Crying is a way of regaining calm and lowering stress related symptoms like blood pressure and pulse rate. So don't bottle it up. If you feel the need, have a cry.


Wonderful word of the day 


Cicisbeo ( chichisbayo)


This is from 18/19th century Italian and was the male companion or lover  of a married woman.


And with that I am off to brave the roads and broken traffic lights ( Industrial estate was in chaos yesterday morning as the 3 way lights were all donald ducked).


Happy Wednesday 



No comments :