Powered By Blogger

Friday 12 February 2021

Weekend is calling

 


Welcome to the run down to the weekend.

I have only worked 4 days this week, but it feels like 40!

Snow, freezing temperatures have not helped at all. -8 welcomed me yesterday morning and half an hour trying to get the car defrosted was not my idea of a good start to the day.

Fingers crossed the last of the doors go in this weekend which will be a huge relief and mean that I can get on and get 'The Sanderson Suite' finished. and  then to make a start on the hall.

That's if I manage to get mojo back, it seems to have disappeared.

As I've had no word from Rhys this week, I am not holding my breath!

If the weather continues to be so grim, I might just hibernate.


So  new additions to Laineys lockdown literary list.

2 books to add to the reading pile this week.

Vintage champagne at the edge of space by Sally Armstrong The supersonic world of a Concorde stewardess

Underground London  by Stephen Smith  this is about travels under the city streets


Looking forward to dipping into these this week.

I miss the charity shop a this is where I get about 70% of my books ( and send about 70%). I have become a regular buyer now from World of Books, stopping more things in landfill and send out post free.


Wonderful word of the day


Mungy

 word which i feel should be used more often, mungy meaning dark and gloomy.

Good word for how it looks outside this morning.


So with Alexa telling me it is -7 outside best go and try to get the car defrosted and head off to the office.


Happy Friday , bon weekend


No comments :