Powered By Blogger

Friday 19 February 2021

TGIF


I just can't say how glad I am that it is Friday. I do genuinely feel that I  am at the very end of my super stretched tether.

Its been some week!

On Wednesday I managed to poison myself and even yesterday was only feeling slightly better.

Note to self, when preparing your lunch at 5am, make sure you are wearing your specs!

On Wednesday morning I cleaned out the fridge of anything out of date and then prepared myself a fabulous fruit salad with Greek yoghurt.

Lunchtime, had my lunch and then tucked into the lovely fruit...........it was a bit sour but I thought that was the redcurrents.

3 hours later I am kneeling over the  loo feeling decidedly poorly and went home with a stomach that seemed to be imitating  a washing machine.

I  went into the fridge and realised that I had eaten the out of date yogurt and thrown out the fresh one!!!

Yesterday I had only  porridge and some soup. 

I've been weighed today and have lost 6lb!!! nearly a stone in 3 weeks.....................sadly  this  weight loss does not count!

This does not beat losing a stone in 4 days when I contracted norovirus just after starting my job. 

I thought I had a  very serious illness as after 4 days I found a lump near my side, it turned out to be my hip bone which had been happily hidden in fat for  the last 10 years!

All joking aside both norovirus and poisoning yourself are not something you want to have or do!

In other news if the rumours circulating at work are correct we could be in the market to be  bought again, which  would see the end of one set of Richards, but who knows what would come.

Its not official and we have no idea if it will happen we think that it is the early stages.

Who knows if me and my trusty band will have jobs.

One more thing to go on the worry list!

The tether continues to stretch.

Wonderful word of the day

Glaver

In the 14th century glaver was one of several nouns meaning chatter. Four hundred years later it had taken on the form and function of  verb with a fresh slant on the menaing.18th century version of glavr meant to talk deceitfully  or to flatter.


I am sure we all know some glaverers!


right off to get the last day of the working week under my belt which is now pulled two notches tighter  than last week.

have a great weekend, stay safe.



No comments :