Powered By Blogger

Thursday 18 February 2021

Farewell to Faf


 So its goodbye to test Faf and I for one am sad. With a 9 year  test career, he is leaving it on a high I think.

As I hinted early this year he is going to travel the world playing, with T20 cricket being his focus.

I have seen him play a few times most famously when I abandoned my 2nd XI boys to see Faf when he was playing with Kent at Headingley.

Yep out for a duck and I was devastated.

However I was very lucky to get a message from the man himself and Ben had been trying to get his autograph for me.

I still haven't recovered from seeing that he also played for Todmorden!

Proper fan girl!!!

I know that I will see him some more times before he hangs up his bat.

I still hope that I will be able to see the SA team in Ireland this summer, I am a huge fan.
I first saw South Africa play at Ropery Lane, Chester le Street in 1994, the year that they were welcomed back to the cricket world stage.

How will I ever forget being knocked off my feet ( and picked up) by Brian McMillan in the pavilion , seeing Hansie and Alan Donald. A great few days cricket.


Its been some night here in the North East of blighty with the wind blowing a hooley all night, at 2am I went to make a drink a the noise was too much.  and by 5 am I was ready for sleep, it may be an office door shut and head on desk at lunch time.

Wonderful word of the day


Yark

When Yark was common in English it had several meanings all associated with a sense of preparation. So Yark was used to  mean 'to get ready;

so best get yarked to head up the 167.

Have a great Thursday.






No comments :