Powered By Blogger

Thursday 4 February 2021

Here we go....................



 



This is a very good representation of me at 5.15am this morning. I'm not ready to do the 'stuff' yet that may take another coffee.

I am however looking forward to the weekend, yes I know its only Thursday, but I have to have something to look forward to.

A little bit of crickety news, it appears that Steve Smith and Mitch Starc will not be appearing in 'The 100' ( yes it is still a thing), and names being bandied around to come over to play include ....................................

FAF!!!!!!

Oh my dog!!!!! I still wouldn't go though!


We are being warned about more snow arriving here in the North East of Blighty , well I am thoroughly sick of it now so it can go down south and not bother us again. 
We  have had  4 lots of it since Christmas and that's more than enough thank you.

I am planning a special Saturday night as I thought that I would treat myself to a lovely French meal, as of yet I haven't finalised the menu. I am sure that my Twitter followers will be sick of seeing the pictures when it is cooked.

I might also get the sewing machine out, I have some fabric that I would like to turn into cushion covers, so no time like the present.
I'm quite a whizz with the sewing machine I just never seem to have enough time to do all the  projects that I would like to.

I am now onto some new reading books which may ( or may not ) be of interest to you.
3 light reading books

Mind the Gap A London underground miscellany by Emily Kearns

The Vendee and surrounding areas    by Angela Bird

Paris Street Style A guide too effortless chic  by Isabelle Thomas & Frederique Veysset ****

and a bit of a heavy going book

The Historian  by Elizabeth Kostova


Wonderful word of the day is 

Xenodochial

From the Greek xenodochy ( given to receiving strangers) this word made a brief appearance in the 18th century in the form of xenodochial, which meant hospitable.

Something that we should all try to be more of.





Right, I have drunk the coffee now best go and do the stuff!


Have a great day

****
I may be reading the book but it will take a lot more to put it into practice!!!!


No comments :