Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 2 February 2021

What to do


I received an invitation to a dinner at Worcestershire County Cricket Club yesterday, this  was due to take place last year , but was postponed and now will take place in October this year. 

I would like to go but to be honest I am loathe to say yes I will be there.

The way that vaccinations are going I doubt that I will have been jabbed by October! In reality I am loathe to travel to Worcester for the weekend. This is just how I feel at the moment.

Anyone else thinking the same way or is it just me?

So what to do with my time at the moment and the coming months.

I'm still writing letters and trying to spread a little cheer.  I have my chair to paint and reupholster. I also now have to find a unit for a fabulous wash hand basin I have just acquired,  I have yet to decide which bathroom it will go into. I guess I will also spend a huge amount of time ( and money) finding a plumber to sort it for me.

I became the custodian of a beautiful tea set from my friend Suzanne. I exchanged it for a bag of homemade goodies ( chutney, spicy pickled onions, elderflower champagne and a homemade Lily of the valley candle), I think we were both really grateful for the  gifts we each received.

I need to have another evening of candle making.  It has become something that I am working on perfecting.

Cricket which is my absolute love, does seem to have taken a back seat at the moment, I haven't watched that much and not really keeping up with cricket news. I guess when the weather takes a turn for the sunnier I will feel more like it.

I did have a chat with Ben last night, he seems to be a bit like me, lots of work and thats about it!.



Wonderful word of the day is


Kench


Which is to laugh loudly.


I'm sure most of us have done this  when reading something on social media.


Have a great Tuesday, after nearly 20 minutes to defrost the car yesterday ( I do miss the garage at The Chateau) today we are expecting snow with the first lot due anytime now according to the weather forecast.

So best head out.




No comments :