Powered By Blogger

Friday 5 February 2021

Thank goodness


 Let it be 2pm and then I can go home and crack open a bottle of champagne , because I think I am worth it.


'The scant few '( those of us in the office) were talking yesterday and the consensus was that we are all on the borderline of dropping like flies
Tiredness and the fact that we are covering the work of those who were furloughed ( and still to return) is starting to tell.
When I asked one of the Richards at the beginning of lockdown ( when we were abandoned in the office) 'What is the duty of care to the staff', I was told that duty of care to the company comes first, and that is what we office staff have done for the last 11 months.

Not a lot you can say about that really is there.

However, the positive is that we still have a job something that a lot of people don't at the moment. ( send your CV in if you want mine).

So lets not look on the dark side, there is a lot to feel gloomy about at the moment, no end to lockdown, no holidays, not much daylight.

This time next week it will be lighter in the mornings and the evenings. Hurrah!!!

So lets look at some positives.

Well after nearly turning into a weeble since lockdown in March , I lost 5lb  this week, its been down to healthy eating, ( water loss) I now have to catch up with the exercise.
I will get back to my fighting weight instead of  fighting with my weight.
this has given me a huge boost this morning.

There will be no Big Als this morning, I'm on Weetabix and the other 2 are on  cheese and onion toasties. Not a positive for Big Al but a positive for our hearts and waistbands.

We are heading to Spring  and nature is doing its thing, their are snowdrops around and  daffodils are starting to show. Things are slowly starting to wake from their winter sleep.

I received yesterday the most fabulous set of china which is so summery it made me smile the instant I took it out of the box, I think that I will be using this everyday its so cheery.
Huge thank you to my lovely friends who sent it, it will be well loved and looked after.


Wonderful word of the day and I love it so much I am thinking of using it  all the time.

Abarcy.

To be described as being in a state of abarcy  equates to wanting more of whatever is desired ( champers in my case).
today we would use insatiable...........until now that is!


Time to head out for half a day at the saltmines and then it is LE WEEKEND!!!!!!



Have a wonderful Friday and a relaxing lockdown weekend.












No comments :