Powered By Blogger

Monday 12 April 2021

And just like that the weekend is over

 



Where the flipping heck did the weekend go?

I was enjoying cocktail hour on Friday and the next thing I know its Monday morning, not literally, my cocktails were not that strong, its just that I, like many of us, never seem to have enough downtime.

I'm not worried as I know that better times will be coming soon, I truly believe that things will all fall into place for me very soon.

So back to the weekend, and I think that a lot of us in the UK have experienced every season over the last 48 hours, we had snow at 7pm last night not at all what I wanted to see

Cricket was affected by it too and that is quite rare ( except if you live in the North East of Blighty ) Last time I remember this happening was either 2015 or 2016 when Middx were playing Durham at Chester le Street.

Anyhoo, Yorkshire  managed a draw, and there was some outstanding batting from Adam Lyth. 

And today we are going to have a bit more freedom, I hear that some pubs opened in the early hours of the morning for those 'dying' for a drink. As I had work today this would not have been an option for me and I also have no desire to go to the pub ( or on a plane for that matter). It really makes me wonder what the priorities are in some peoples lives.

Each to their own I guess.

I'm thinking that by July we may be back in some sort of lockdown.

Wonderful word of the day

Knosp


This word was  from the  German  word 'Knospe' (a bud) and was used in English as an Architectural term for an ornament in the form of a bud or forming a bunch-like or rounded protuberance.

 And with that I am off for the first day of the return of  a couple of 'home workers'.

Oh joy!


Have a great week





No comments :