Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 7 April 2021

Midweek already


 

And then I got back in to  bed to write this!

However its Wednesday and we are half way through the week, that's enough to make me smile.

So work was as normal, unnecessarily painful, if there is a long hard way to do something, that's the way we do it. ! I'd love to see a time and motion report  ( do they still do these??).

I have my car back and the mechanics have named it for me, my car is now called 'Steve Austin'! ( you have to be a certain age to appreciate that).

There was a flurry of fountain pens at Headingley this week as seven players extend their contracts , including my Tom.

Exciting times

And we are a day away from cricket proper.................

.......which may explain the weather which is bizarre to say the least. 

I was waiting for my car to come home last night, the sun was shining, the sky was blue and virtually cloudless and it was snowing!. What the Donald Duck is that all about.

Lets see what today holds for us weather wise.


Wonderful word of the day


Croodle


This has two meanings both of which fit to the soft sound of the word.

In one sense it is a low murmuring noise similar to a doves coo.

Croodle also means to draw together for warmth and nestle close to a person.


If this weather continues we will all need to be croodling with someone.


Take care stay warm

Happy Wednesday 



No comments :