Powered By Blogger

Friday 23 April 2021

Finally Friday

 


Ah its Friday and tonight at 'Maison des Guichets, I will be 'transporting' myself  back to one of my favourite villages in The Champagne region.

After cocktail hour, there will be half a dozen oysters and a bottle of Perrier Jouet whilst sitting on the deck dreaming of France. ( who knew that Morrisons at Morton Park had fresh oysters).

Its been some week and I need to escape away for a few hours! ( even if it is only pretending ).

Anyone else had that kind of week?

Yorkshire 2nds, had a great first game down in Gloucester, after breaking records , they came through and were well deserved winners, by an innings and 81 runs. Well done all, and great to see all three of 'my boys' together yesterday.


Not so the 'big boys' who were 60-0 at one point and then all out for 150!

In reply Sussex are 113-3 overnight.



Wonderful word of the day.


Jentacular

After getting  out of bed, if you are offered a 'jentacular' cup of tea, don't worry it means anything ( in this case tea) to do with breakfast.

I've already had my jentacular cup of coffee so time to  head off to start the last day of this working week, lets get it over and done with.


And finally a huge thank you to a very lovely person  who went above and beyond to give me some much needed help yesterday. I will not forget this act of kindness.


No comments :