Powered By Blogger

Friday 16 April 2021

Welcome to the start of the weekend

 



Finally I have woken up and it is Friday!!! 
Its going to be a good day, I am getting the barnet chopped at 3pm.

And then  it will be home for cocktail hour. I was trying out the potential cocktail for tonight and still cannot get it right so it will be worked on for another Friday and I will be preparing my plan B option.

I was reading some cocktail related sites and had to laugh, as people that prepare cocktails now refer to themselves as 'Mixologists' shades of Maureen Lipman and 'an ology' . I wonder what Harry Craddock  who was one of the most famous BARTENDERS of the 1920/30's would make of it. His time at The Savoy, behind the bar, resulted in one of the best cocktail books.

With what has to have been one of the most testing weeks at work in a while ( and next week looks to be able to top it), yesterday was another day another bombshell. New owners have decided that we all have to take 8 days holiday out of our entitlement at Christmas, with us finishing on 17th. This would be OK for most of us ( although we don't want to ) but the workshop gang only get 20 days holiday a year and so they are now about to mutiny. 

I'm too old and tired  for all this s*&t .

I suppose it not as a bad as having all our Christmas holidays cancelled 2 years ago.

Cricket!

Tom was  selected to play and hit a respectable 27.  Lythy seems to be on form  and was just short of another ton.
Come on lads.

I spoke to James Bond who is currently on manoeuvres in another part of the county. Plans afoot to meet up when we can. 

So now I am off to start Friday and see what joys are waiting for me when I get in.

Have a great Friday and if you are on instagram pop over to cocktailsandchina to join in with cocktail hour later.

have a great weekend



No comments :