Powered By Blogger

Thursday 15 April 2021

Hello Thursday


 I'm struggling this week, words I never thought I'd be saying this early in the year.

I'm totally worn out and the last couple of mornings have been an epic battle just  to get one leg out from under the duvet. Mind you  the weather has a lot to do with this. I really don't do cold.


Well now yesterday  I had a bit of an issue with Amazon. I had ordered something that I needed for today. I ordered it last Friday with Prime so it should have arrived on Monday. 
Monday came and the item was in Leeds at the depot. 
It was now due Tuesday, Tuesday came and the item was now in the depot at Carlisle.
Yesterday morning the item was in Edinburgh. Seriously its had more of a look a out in 3 days than I have in 4 months!!!!
I contacted  Amazon, they couldn't guarantee it would arrive tomorrow and to expect it on Saturday. ( by which point it will have circumnavigated the UK ). 
I explained that this was not acceptable I pay for Prime and expected that it was delivered when they said.
I cancelled the order and got a refund ( 5-7 working days as that money will have to circumnavigate the UK too obviously). They then gave me a £5 voucher.
So I ordered the same item from another seller with Prime.......................
Yes it isn't going to arrive tomorrow. ( I ordered at 9.30am and they let me know at 3.30pm it wouldn't be coming Thursday). Not a happy lapin. Not the best week to mess with a redhead.

Work is continuing to be a battle with the last year homeworker. The 'own loo roll' yesterday very nearly pushed me over the temper precipice, I managed to restrain myself gave him his own 4 pack of loo roll and them made a cup of coffee for everyone, he doesn't have a drink with us as he has his flask.
He is disturbing the office with his constant demands and its not good, having brought this up with a Director yesterday and getting nowhere, I will just concentrate on not losing my temper ( as this is what he is aiming for).

So lets have a wonderful word of the day

Awk
Awk is related to the old Northumbrian word 'afug' which gradually changed its sound and spelling to become the Middle English word awk.
Both words meant 'directed the other way in the wrong direction'. They also carry the meaning 'from the left hand, which links awk with the familiar word ;awkward'

Happy Thursday, make it a good one.

No comments :