Powered By Blogger

Thursday 8 April 2021

first day proper

 


Today is the first day of the cricket season proper and it could be even better for me, as my Tom was named in the squad, fingers crossed that he will  make the team and not be water boy ( although there is no shame in that ).

11am radio tuned to any cricket commentary and that will be the remainder of the day. One thing that I think will be the most important thing for my boys, put your thermals on!

There is a lot of fuss at work as the new owners are insisting that certain members of staff who have been 'shirking' from home for the last year are to come back from Monday, all safety aspects sorted.

Oh dear!!! the moaning and complaining is unreal, apparently they don't feel safe coming back to the office, yeah well tell me about it, I ve been doing it for a year and this time last year thought that the stress of it all would possibly kill me before  Covid.

Its all falling on deaf ears with the new bosses who are showing themselves as a 'take no prisoners' company.

Wonderful word of the day 

Alan


This is the English version of the word found in Southern Europe, where an Alan was a large hunting dog, similar to a wolf hound. 

the word first appeared in English during the 14th century and was in use until the 19th century


Right I am off to face the day.


Happy cricket day


Come on Yorkshire.




No comments :