Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 28 April 2021

Midweek already.

 


So after having a little panic about Ben retiring with an injury on Monday , I managed to catch up with him early yesterday morning, and apart from some bruising all was good and he was OK to go back out to bat, he got his half century, but wasn't able to keep wicket. Better safe than sorry. And yes I know I was flapping like a mother hen, but I know how much work these lads put into being able to play.

And they need to take two quick Surrey wickets this morning.

No pressure lads.

Interesting day  in the salt mines yesterday as the BIG boss of the new owners came in to the office. Having a chat with all the office boys, spending time with the Project managers and engineers. Wow I was impressed at the 15-20 minutes he spent with each one of them, going through the basics of what they were working on.

Then it came to the turn of the only two females in the office ( you can see where this is going).

We got a 'hello' , I got a ' oh yes administrator' (!!!!!!!) and the other  female got ' I see you have the phone' then he turned and walked into the meeting room.

Yes, good to see that chauvinism isn't dead and that we have been put firmly in our places. For the record ( and there is nothing wrong with being an administrator) that is not my job title or come close to what I do, and nor does my colleague work reception ( she actually does all the things I don't have time to do and the wages........).

It just gets better and better.

Looking ahead to the long weekend, thanks to the wonderful Andy, owner of Owzat Cricket at Scarbados I have a new all singing, all dancing BBQ so fingers crossed it gets a look out this weekend.

Who knows  we could be partaking of cocktail hour in the not so extensive grounds of Maison des Guichets, with the the bbq doing its thing in the background.


Wonderful word of the day

Redmod

Nothing to do with my hair I hasten to add.

This is a twelfth century word meaning , rash or hasty.


And so I must make a redmod  exit as I head off down the A167 to Lady Lainey workville.


Have a great day 


( if you wondered about the picture, I have a bit of an obsession with water towers in France...........yes I know, I'm odd!)

No comments :