Powered By Blogger

Thursday 29 July 2021

Funny old year ( again)


Here we are nearly August and its been another funny old year.
I think that we need to take in that this is the new norm and just get on with it.
I feel very lucky to personally have come this far without having covid
I am and will still be wearing a mask in certain situations.
I want to go abroad but doubt this will happen before next year.
Apart from ( hopefully ) the 2nds game at the end of the season, I will not have seen any cricket for 2 seasons.
The Hundred arrived with all the hype and pomp and in your face ghastliness that I expected.
I haven't seen as many people as I hoped to, I just don't have enough days in the weekend.
There have been only a few visitors to Maison des Guichets.
I now know the power of a hug.
I won't be doing large amounts of knitting for a while (or for  good) as I have developed carpel tunnel syndrome.
I'm going to make the most of the remainder of the summer and try to relax more.
I intend to get to the beach more and dip my toes in the sea.
Will there be any shocks at the end of the cricket season?
Will Yorkshire bring home some silverware? I hope so.
Plans are being made for my birthday as it will be here before I know it.
Christmas may still be a subdued affair although I hope to be away somewhere.
Most importantly I think we  need to take good care of ourselves
Make time for you and your loved ones.
I also intend to continue the Friday trend of 'Cocktail hour', its been a beacon of light  in very difficult weeks.
I will try to continue the blog although sometimes like today I don't have much to say

I wish you all a happy Thursday
stay safe 







 

No comments :