Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 20 July 2021

Mini holiday

 



I am back from my mini holiday, and a much needed rest. Saturday morning saw me driving down the A1 to South Yorkshire, the lovely stretch which is just fields and greenery is just the best.

Despite taking a wrong turn ( and does that matter when you are on holiday?), I arrived at my holiday home. After emptying the car, it was time for coffee in the garden. an absolute gem of a garden.

After a quick change it was off to Wentworth Woodhouse for a tour of one of the most stunning stately homes.

Last time I was here the house was covered in scaffolding, this time only a small amount remained.

We had a great buggy drive form the car park to the house.

Tour of the house, followed by lunch and then a wonderful walk in the gardens. Perfect.

Saturday evening was spent eating in the garden with the sound of trickling water in the background

Off to bed a very tired Lainey, 

Awaking refreshed on Sunday morning for the first time in ages, and no wonder it was after 8am!!!!! totally unheard of..

Coffee in the garden, so peaceful, a real haven.

Showered and dressed and off for a wonderful walk around Manvers lake, which was created in the 90's as part of remedial work following the closure of the colliery complex and railway yards.

We had breakfast at the boat house and watched Dragon boat racing, paddle boarding as well families arriving to spend a sunny day by the water.

Absolutely beautiful.

A tour of the Fitzwilliam Estate follies and then home for more peace and quiet in the garden with  a jug of  Pimms.


In the blink of an eye it was over and I was sitting in traffic on the A1.


It was just what I needed, and huge thanks to Carole and Philip for showing me more of the beauty of South Yorkshire, allowing me to share their wedding anniversary with them and being the most wonderful hosts. 

Have a fabulous Tuesday, I have another 4 day week.



No comments :