Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 13 July 2021

rain and covid

 


Well yesterday was not a good one at all, we had full on torrential rain all day from about 10am. Even a run to the workshop left me soaked to the skin, so I sat 'steaming' most of the afternoon. If I thought I was having it bad, there were flash floods in London.


In cricket, there was no play at Headingley or Chester le Street, and as if it hasn't been bad enough that most of the Kent team are unable to play due to a positive covid test, Nathan Gilchrist was take out of the game and told to self isolate.


The Derbyshire v Essex match was abandoned due to covid.


Its pretty dire really.

Is this what we will be dealing with in future seasons, I think so as we know this is never going away.

France is preparing itself for a fourth wave, where as here in the UK, its OK to go to the pub and stand next to someone from next week.


Count me out.

I'm not a nervous Nelly, I'm a 'I love Lainey' and as such I will be doing everything that I feel is right to protect myself.


Well time to head out to the office.


And just in case you are at any future Yorkshire games, check out the Adam Lyth testimonial pop up stand. 

Have a great Tuesday, stay safe and dry

 

No comments :