Powered By Blogger

Sunday 18 August 2019

From Moor to shore





I left the industrial scape behind me
And headed over the moors
Wild and vast and colourful
Scene of many bus tours

Whitby Abbey standing proud
In the distance on the East Cliff
A monastery and a sailors guide
Worth the effort for the sea air sniff

Onward over the moors
With the occasional sea view
Past Robin Hoods Bay , and onwards
Closer to meeting up with the 'crew'

Burniston is my landmark
That I am close to finishing line
Back into 'civilisation'
Watching for the 'Scarborough' sign

And there it is and theres the sea,
as I detour from North Marine Road.
I park the car and check us in
To our weekend abode

Then to the beach and a paddle in the sea
I love the feel of sand between toes
Barefoot and totally carefree
But other exciment grows

 The journey to the seaside
The reason for the trip
Isn't just sea and candy floss
But waiting for the coin flip

I love the Scarborough festival!
















No comments :