Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 28 August 2019

Hello Wednesday







Wednesday already and I have only 1.5 days left in the office this week, as I am having Thursday afternoon and Friday off.

Its a busy week and I tried yesterday to get as much done as I could on certain projects before heading off at lunchtime Thursday.

And then I can have another long weekend of cricket and housework!

Before I break into any crickety news, can I just say many thanks to all of you who contacted me after my car accident on Monday.
I am very achy as expected and still a little bit fearful on the road ( working out of town close to the A66 doesn't help either).

I know that those of you who read regularly will know that I've had a 'bit of a year'  and this has just added to the list, however in true Lady Lainey style, I refuse to let it get me down.
I am here and to me that is the most important thing.
I also have some amazing friends who have been there for me all this year through a death, a hospital stay and recovery, a house move, damaged foot and now this. To these fabulous people I say thank you so much.

As I have said often ' I'm  nowt if not a drama queen'

and now for the crickety news.

OH MY DOG!!!!!

Kent have only gone and got Faf du Plessis to play in the remainder of their T20 matches.
Can you believe it!!!!!!!!!??????, the sodding car gets mangled when this happens!!!!!
If you see an orange haired woman hitchhiking southbound, it will probably be me, please give me lift.

Lancashire got a home QF but due to a complete blunder by the powers that be, it clashes with the Test at OT, so they are having it at The Riverside!  Some very serious diary checking needed in future guys. ( or they didn't think they would get that far in the T20 comp!)

I am waiting  for the squad to be announced for tomorrow night, this will be our last T20 game so we have to go out with a win, surely??
As you can tell I am excited about going, I say I don't like T20, but any cricket is better than no cricket, and the way the ECB are going I will be the best supporter of T20 ever!!!!!

I read with disappointment the comments on Twitter and Facebook after Yorkshire published match day information. I appreciate that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but some of the things said are really quite horrible. I expect that this happens throughout the counties, it must be disheartening to read these.
Apparently we need Darren Lehmann in charge!

As I've said before  if we replace a coach we want someone who knows what goes on with his team. Anyhow Darren wouldn't get the same sort of money they are paying him for the shambles that is  the new format game next season.

Just to say that the wonderful wonderful website 'Cricket Yorkshire' have partnered with  'Shrinkbottle' , if you haven't seen these then pop over to the CY website. Just what every cricket fan needs in their life (well I do at least, quickly logging onto Amazon)

Have a great day enjoy what could be the end of the heatwave ( well its rumoured to be here in the North East of Blighty).
















No comments :