Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 7 August 2019

Midweek already




So after taking Monday off, its midweek already, wow  I think that I should only do a 4 day week every week.

I've lots that I need to do including heading to the sorting office and going to the post office,its all going  on  here.

I am managing to work through the last few boxes and tonight might finally get the new mattress in situ, as well as finally getting Sophies bed all sorted in her room.

Yes it is taking shape now.

The dressing room is still the dumping ground but as I have managed to put a lot of things on eBay I am hoping that this might solve the problem.
To be fair, its only nearly 5 weeks since I moved in, and 4 of those have involved the foot problem so I think that I am doing OK.

So yesterday lunchtime I was checking my emails and relaised that  I  had been invited to a T20 match later this month by Yorkshire CCC. In the new Emerald stand and with a gin and beer tastings ( dangerous). Supper is provided and then watch the game from the balcony. How very wonderful. I did of course put in some holiday at work and email my acceptance.

I am looking forward to it very much.


In cricket we are still in T20 mode as we head towards the finish line, Sussex are playing really well and look to be heading to Edgbaston , whilst my Tykey Vikings seem to be paddling the longship in the wrong direction.
I now have a few more T20 matches to see including heading down to TB  before it is all over.

Ive just caught up with some cricket news and see that Micheal Richardson has left Durham after 10 years, having read the Durham statement, Im thinking that Marcus North, Director of Cricket at the club, is going to be a breath of fresh air as he seems matter of fact and forthwright.
I hope that he is as cut throat with the abundance of backroom staff that they have, some of whom have been around since Noah landed the Arc!

Well time to head out of the door and  see what today at the saaltmines has in store.
Wishing you all a happy Wednesday.




No comments :