Powered By Blogger

Friday 9 August 2019

Fryupday is here




Well praise be, it is 'Fryupday', however today I am not heading to see Big Al with the list of breakfast requirements, I am going to surprise the office with some freshly baked patisserie.

I went off to Tesco last night and bought a shed load of their frozen pastries and am currently ramming them in the oven to bake off before I head out the door.

I would not have had to do this if Lidl opened at 7.00am!!!!

The house smells of cinnamon rolls and pain au chocolat, shame I can't have any.

Blueberries and Greek yogurt for me!!!!

Once these have been 'troughed'  it should be about 8.03am and no doubt Norty Morty and Mickey Dripping will be discussing lunch.

I am looking forward to a weekend of doing very little ( so this means moving furniture, measuring up the upstairs bathroom and waiting for the bath renovation man to arrive). I will also be knitting as fast as I can to get some more jumpys done for Scarbados and sleeping a lot. That is the plan and I intend to stick to it.

There is cricket on so that makes it so much easier as I will be able to lounge around on the sofa, wearing my boot ( to keep my foot and ankle immobilised) and drinking copious amounts of coffee.

Well back to yesterday, my teeny Tykes were in action at York against Leicestershire littlies, and we won, which makes me think that I sort of jinx them when I go.

Both my Ben and TLJL were in the runs which made me smile.

More sad news coming out of South Africa, as it was announced that Hashim Amla will retire from international cricket, what has struck me this week by the two retirement announcements is that both players know they are at the point where they have to give up. All respect to them.

In T20 Abraham Benjamin continued to smash his way through for Middlesex ( and yes so did old smug mug). I sort of think that Middlesex and Sussex could be full on for finals day this year

Well I smell the last batch of pastries and guess that they are nearly ready so time out head out of the door, on a miserable wet morning.

I hope that you all have a fabulous weekend, I'll be back on Monday.






No comments :