Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 14 August 2019

Hello midweek



OH MY DOG!! It is midweek again and the weeks are flying by, it is now less than 20 weeks before the fat bloke with the white beard arrives. Not a thought that I really want to be having, and not that I care as I will be in sunnier climes!


So back to midweek, the joiner came out last night and gave his verdict on the cost of the jobs that I needed to have done.
*GULP* well I want rather than need, and I asked for the quote!
It does however mean that I will have the new kitchen worktops, the extra slatted shelf in the airing cupboard ( yes I have one), Better shelves in the top of the built in wardrobes and he is putting in new window sills at considerably less than Paul the window guy.
As the joiners Dad has a well known Double glazing company ( in these parts) I expected him to come in more expensive but no! and the front door will be fixed too. (new lock and some adjustment)
There were other  little jobs which he has quoted and will do over the next few months which means that before the fat guy with the white beard comes, all things should be sorted.


Anyhoo lets back to other things

Cricket last night was T20 action in fact there is T20 on  every night for the remainder of the working week. Sadly I cannot make the T20 on Friday at Headingley, I have a lot to do on Friday evening ready for getting away for the weekend, for County Championship action, which is far more important to me.

My teeny Tykes were in 'friendly' action and both Ben and Tom were playing. Tom sadly out for a duck!

Still no team news from England although lots of chat about Archer.

I'm guessing that there will be a lot more chat about it over the coming days.

Well time to head out of the door and start a new day at the saltmines, which currently have an infestation of maggots in the drawing office.
The cause of which is yet to be found.

YUK!






No comments :