Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 27 August 2019

That was the weekend



So its been and gone and not without incident, but first to Friday evening.


Toddled off to the Riverside to watch my boys take on Durham, had a great evening, and it was made better by a catch up with Mick, one of my great Durham friends and an epicurist. I gave him some chutney to keep him going for a while.

My boys won, Tom K-C and TLJL having a great evening with the bat and then TLJL taking a wicket, but the 5 wickets taken by Jack Shutt &  3 from Adam Lyth saw a brilliant win.

I was up and about early......................only to see the news that TLJL is going to Kent.
A sad morning at The Wickets,

I busied around until it was time to head off to Nottingham.
Arrived and had a great evening with Sophie and Terry, which resulted in a slightly later night than expected.

Sunday saw us up with the larks , or baby pigeon in my case, as there was one sitting on the nest on the tree outside my bedroom window.
We watched the start of the test match and saw Root go, time to head to Trent Bridge.

Off we trotted full of the joys of cricket.
Then I was refused admission to the pavilion, apparently at T20 only Notts members are allowed in.
Twitter informed us that this happens at a lot of Southern clubs.
Well I seriously hope that Yorkshire never take this stand, I can understand that no club now gives discounted tickets to opposing team members ( although this was a great way to really encourage members to travel).
The really sad thing was that Sophie and Terry both Notts members had to either sit with me in another stand or leave me on my own.

Then I was very kindly rescued and given a players ticket which got me into the pavilion.

All good???? well it should have been until some absolutely horrible jobsworth of a steward walked over to us, and playing to an audience of Notts members saying very  loudly that he believed that one of us ( Terry had gone to the bar) was a Notts member and one of us wasn't.

I took my ticket out of my bag and shut him up.

Many years ago I was warned that TB stewards could be like this but over the years I have never ( until Sunday) encountered it.

We were keeping an eye on the test which was ( surprisingly) still ongoing.

And even more surprisingly due to a solid cricket performance from Ben Stokes we won.
We have levelled the series.

Lets see what happens as the whole thing trundles on.

Back at TB the game was equally exciting as it went down to the wire and was not to be our day.
We wont get to QF but Notts are, as are  Sussex and I am secretly thinking that they could be winners.

Early night Sunday and off on the road early Monday, which didn't help as there was some trouble on the M1/A1  which meant that I had to detour through Leeds.

This resulted in me getting squashed by a coach on the A61, and getting home much later than expected.

Well that was the weekend in a rather large nutshell, and now I am back to the office for a couple of days.

Hope that you have a good day, its a four day week!

 

No comments :