Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 6 August 2019

I'm back







Here we are at Tuesday and I have had a long weekend, and what a long weekend it has been.

Friday evening saw me busy sorting things out at The Wickets and knitting, when  I get a message from TLML to say that I  had won  18 pints of  ' Jacks batch' from Old Mill Brewery.
Well now, that should make Scarbados more interesting!!!

Saturday and Sunday were a bit of a blur and by yesterday I was glad that I had taken an extra day off as I was shattered and my sore foot was badly swollen.

I set off for my last day out with the 2nds at Marske by the Sea, with my boot strapped firmly on my foot to try to reduce the swelling. It looked far more dramatic than it actually was, but by the time I got home, it had done the job and I could see my ankle bone again.

however I digress.

After the storm to end all storms on Sunday night, yesterday dawned dry and with a few low clouds, Ben and I chatted as he was on his way to the ground.
I set off and stopped in at Redcar to do a spot of shopping before I tipped up at the ground.

The sun came out and the first game began.

Whilst this was going on , the news came through that England had lost to Australia...........................hmmm I sort of said  last week not to write off the Aussies, Joe Root claimed the team were not suffering a 'World Cup hangover', well that may be true but possibly a bit of World Cup arrogance.
So on to the next test and hopefully they will have had the shock that they need to buck their ideas up.

Sadly my teeny Tykes lost the first T20, and headed for a spot of lunch, I chatted with Ben and Tom, these two have an amazing few months ahead of them and this I am sure will show next season.

And then as I was basking in the sun and enjoying the cricket, my cricket world crashed down around my ears................I got a message from Sophie to say that Dale 'The Stare' Steyn had retired from test cricket.
OMG!!!!
I appreciate that test cricket has taken its toll on his body and fully understand his retiring, but that doesn't make it any easier.
Another of my favourite bowlers hanging up his boots, however he will be playing short form and no doubt will make some money in The 100, which makes it doubly sad as I will not see him bowl again.

He is one of the greats and is in my bowling top 10.

So back to the  crickert at Marske,and despite some great batting by TLJL in the second T20 we lost again. However it was only Durham, so that doesn't really count ( JOKING!!!!).

I set off home with a fabulously tanned right foot, and as my leg doesn't match that colour ( wearing jeans) I will not be wearing a dress for work this week!!!

I'm sad that I won't be having any more days out with the 2nds this season, but I will be planning for next season as soon as the fixtures come out.

And now I am off to have my last Tuesday blood test, I should be onto once a week from now on.

 Things are heading in the right direction.

Have a great Tuesday.





No comments :