Powered By Blogger

Friday 23 August 2019

The long weekend is upon us



Its Friday and its also nearly the Bank Holiday weekend, the last bank holiday until Christmas!!!!
So best to make it a good one.

Tonight I am off to Chester le Street to cheer my boys on in T20 action.
Then tomorrow I am off to Sophie and Terry's house so that we can go to the T20 double header at Trent Bridge on Sunday. I am really looking forward to that.
I'm also talking my 18 pint box of 'Jacks Batch' to share with my besties because, contrary to popular belief I couldn't knock back the 18 pints in the 3 days that you get to drink it after opening.
Actually I probably could but.....................drink responsibly and all that!


Shock news from Trent Bridge that their absolutely brilliant bowler ( well he was in the first innings at Scarbados) Luke Wood is leaving at the end of the season to go to Lancashire ( or Lancashite as my auto correct put up). I wonder in reality who actually saw that coming????


I am waiting for shock news to come out of Headingley and I expect that this will be coming sooner rather than later.


Yesterday was also the first day of the test at Headingley, the one that England must win to hold their heads high.

Staring early and taking 2 wickets, the rain was the problem.They got back on and Jofra Archer finished his day on 6-45.
Shane Warne compared him to my absolute fave Dale 'The Stare Steyn', I'm not seeing it myself.
Today  Australia will take to the field after being bowled out for 179


I spent most of yesterday afternoon waiting for the squad for the T20 tonight  to be announced...........and when it was I was very disappointed, I thought Ben might at least get a go.
All  I really want to night is a win against Durham.
I read with interest what Paul Grayson had to say about  developing the team, but mate I think its a bit late for this season.
And no doubt I will have to eat my words on that one!

And that's about it, time for me to head out to Big Al's and put the breakfast order in. Then get on with the half day before heading back home to do a spot of housework and packing my bag for Nottingham.


Have a fabulous Bank Holiday weekend, I will be back but not sure if it will be on Monday ( Jacks Batch' may have something to do with that).




No comments :