Powered By Blogger

Friday 6 September 2019

Fry up Day





Last day of the working week and I need to stop off at Big Als and put the breakfast order in.
Steakburgers being the order for most of the gang today.
We aren't a full house as Norty Morty is on holibobs in Cornwall.

I will be counting the hours until home time, its been a long old week. There seriously have to be better ways to earn a crust!.


It should have been a quiet evening in The Wickets last night,.........................but no!
T20 QF, at TB.

Outlaws v Middx!

OH MY DOG!!!!

I settled down with  my cauliflower and chickpea Korma and glass of sparkling mineral water.................and ended up at 9,30pm with a very large G & T in my hand.

For anyone who didn't see it, here is the Lady's summery.
 Middx batting Stirling and  Malan gone by 4th over.
Abraham Benjamin never got started gone for 11.
Morgan the only player to look settled scoring 53 until he was caught by Chris Nash
All out for 160.

Alex Hales and Chris Nash go into bat.

Now this is the first T20 match that Nashy has played since last year.
He has had a bit of a fabulous season with some great innings in the CC.
And then last night he and Alex had one of the best innings that I have seen in T20 in like forever ( or as long as T20 has been around).

Middlesex just couldn't do anything right, dropped catches, no luck for the bowlers.
By the time Nashy was on 50 I was  on the edge of the sofa, and realised that every time he was bowled to I was holding my breath!
Notts sailed through to finals day with an outstanding 10 wicket win, Nash 74 Hales 83.
Great cricket from them both.

Not a circus cricket fan. but this was outstanding.


Oh yes over at Old Trafford, Steve Smith got a double century and Australia declared.
England were 1 down before stumps.
Day 3 here we come.

And I am out of the door to start Friday.

Have a great day and hope that you all have fab plans for the weekend,



 





No comments :