Powered By Blogger

Friday 20 September 2019

Start of another long weekend.




Hello Friday !

You arrived too quickly for me on this 3 day week, I have lots to get done today before another 3 day week next week....................or will it be.
I have been keeping an eye in the weather forecast, the one thing that I don't want is to be stuck in the hotel for two days if the weather isn't up to scratch.

I am not a fair weather cricket fan, its just the travel to Birmingham , possibility of being stuck in the hotel is not what I want for the end of season, so I have made the alternative plan, that if by Saturday the weather forecast is still not good, then I will  not be going and will go to work, claw back 2 days holiday and have a long weekend in Barcelona for my birthday.

And talking plans, Kents plan worked as they absolutely trounced my boys yesterday.
It was a well deserved win, to go from 38-5 to winning by 433 runs is brilliant stuff.
And there was more brilliant stuff with a joint Yorks/Kent ' venture which made an old lady very happy.

Over in the Notts/Warks game Don Sibling scored two centuries in the match and all I can say is that if Warks are planning on doing a Kent on us next week, we need to be fully prepared.

Yorkshire announced that  2020 will be the testimonial year for Adam Lyth.

The second division has become  the place to watch cricket as the promotion race is really hotting up. Lancashire are promoted but who will go with them?

Tomorrow is T20 Finals Day, having experienced this in the real once, it is not something that I really want to go to again, so instead I am going out for lunch , recording the full day and will watch my own edited highlights at some point next week. Its not real cricket anyway.

And now I am off for my now weekly blood test.
Since Tuesday and coming home early I have been a bit out of sorts with headaches and tiredness, hopefully its just because I am old.

Have a cracking Friday, I need to phone the order trough to Big Al before I go to the doctors.




No comments :