Powered By Blogger

Monday 23 September 2019

Late on parade



Good morning from Ladylaineyville, and  not Birmingham as it should have been.

The weather forecast and blood test results were not promising so I decided to stay at home, I have just been to have my blood test this morning, I feel OK, but just a little bit sad that I am not waking up in the Ibis and heading off to Edgbaston in the hope that Tom is in the team, he is with them  but doesn't think that he will play.

Its been a bit of a busy weekend, on Saturday I hotfooted it down to Headingley to have lunch with Ben and Tom and 'Grandad' John, who had celebrated his birthday the day before, having brought a cake  we thought we would extend the celebrations a little longer.

Lots of chat about the upcoming Australia trip as well as lots of laughs.
It was a great lunch and get together.

I came back home and tried not to see what was happening on Finals day, I had recorded it all so thought that I'd get a surprise at the time of the Final.

Well done to Essex who beat Worcestershire in a thriller of a game.

Could this week see another win for them?

This week the top two are playing for the title, who on earth thinks that the county championship is boring?
Last match of the season, right down to the wire, what a finish.

As I said, my boys are in Birmingham and I would love to see us close the season with a win.
We can then get our heads down to some serious winter training and prepare for 2020.

I decided not to go to the office today, despite being able to claw back 2 days hols, I have some things to sort out at The Wickets so am taking the opportunity to do get on with things.

So my season is over for another year and this year it is even sadder as  we say bye to TLJL ( and TLML).
 He is heading off  to Kent where I have no doubt that he will thrive.
He leaves some great memories most especially 'That' catch, at the Roses match.
Go well Jack, and keep smiling.

And as I put away this years haul of cricket memorabilia,  ( nothing too flash, just scorecards and tickets) I realise that next season we are going to need to start another box to keep everything in. Lots of memories.


And with that I am off to put the washing away, fill the dishwasher, make some phone calls, sign on for my Spanish class and do a spot of shopping.

Happy Monday




No comments :