Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 17 September 2019

Its cricket time


Apologies for there not being a blog yesterday, it was due to having had very little sleep over night, thanks to some over zealous ( and over indulgent ) hotel guests, who woke me up at 2am and by 4am I had given up trying to get back to sleep and was drinking copious amounts of coffee.
7am saw me trying to get organised for the day and then falling asleep!!!

And then I went to cricket!


I was there at the crack of 9am,  on Faf watch with my camera at the ready.

After a hefty dose of caffeine, I took my seat in my old area. it was so nice to be back......................for about 10 minutes until I had to stand up to let people through the very narrow walkway( when they could have walked round the back).

However none of this could dampen my excitement for the moment that I clapped eyes on Francois!!!

So 10.30 am match starts, Kent batting,
And Faf was at the crease before  I knew it and was back in the hutch before I had time to get the lens cap off.
Kent 38-5 in no time at all
Billings and Stevens were setting up a decent partnership, and that's where they stayed most of the day. Stevens in his penultimate game for Kent,as at 43 they thought time to let him go.........................that was until he hit 237.
Apparently there may be a U turn on this decision.

Billings  partnering up with Ollie Raynor and hitting 138 until he was bowled by Duanne, who took 5-108.
And finally for us stumps  with Kent 482-8

Over in Scarborough, my teeny Tykes were doing OK, in particular my own two Tykes.

Tom hit a brilliant 64 and Ben  42.
So proud of them both.
Lets see some great work on the field today.

There is lots of interesting'stuff' being bandied about by some pundits ( Vaughan and Agnew) but to be honest I am bored with them all.
There is not one of us who really knows what the ECB have in store for any county, to be honest I don't think that they have finished smoking the fags to scribble on the back of the packet yet.

What we do know is that whatever it is, it does not have anything to do with protecting  the County championship.

Point to fact is that after the full day circus on Saturday we will be bombarded with how short form cricket is the way forward.

If  the County Championship games are played on a Saturday and Sunday  it would be interesting to see what the crowds were like.

I know I have been banging on about this forever but it is true.

And whilst I am on a rant, I am reporting that the Yorkshire board have not made any effort to have any form of social media interaction with members as they said they would.
I am disappointed but not surprised.
I realise that we are reverting back to Jurassic ways and the door to openness and forward thinking has been well and truly closed.

There are wolves in sheep's clothing everywhere!

Right enough of that, those who know what that means will appreciate why I cannot make it any clearer.
 And with that cryptic message I am out the door to go and have some breakfast before heading back to watch my boys for the last time at home this season.

Have a good day!

No comments :