Powered By Blogger

Sunday 1 September 2019

Lazy Sunday (not)






Here we are at Sunday and the washing machine is on as well as the dishwasher. Back to normality here at The Wickets after three jaunts in just over two weeks.

So here is the low down on the last few days.

Thursday afternoon saw me heading down the A1 to Headingley and getting ready for the Sponsors evening.
Met up with Rob and in we went.
We were seated with lovely people from 'Yoo Moo ' and The Skipton Building Society.
We got to sample Slingsby gin and also given a master class form Tetley Beer. Both of these were very interesting.

After a spot of supper we  took our seats outside the Emerald Suite, and although I have been outside to these seats before, it takes a game to realise what a fantastic view you get.
Once the floodlights took over, Headinglehy looked amazing.

Yorkshire were taking on Northants and after a great innings by both Tom K-C and Adam Lyth we set the visitors 188 to win.
With brilliant bowling by David Willey and 2 great catches from TLJL we won by 80 runs.
This was the last home T20 and then the boys trundled  to Birmingham.
They won this game too with another outstanding innings by Captain K-C.And that  was T20 over for another season.

Sadly for me I think that I have seen TLJL wearing the White Rose for the last time.
Go well Jack with Kent, I am sure that you will thrive there.

I meanwhile had another terrible journey home on Friday  and ended up winding my way to Dishforth to get on the A1 via the back roads.

I arrived home Friday much later than I expected.

Yesterday was a busy day with new curtains being hung and lots of housework.
Today I will be weeding the  at the front of the house and then mowing the lawn, there is shopping to be done, before I return to The Wickets for an afternoon nap.

I have a busy week ahead so need to get my strength up.
I also have a couple of weeks before my last trips of the season.

Recharge my batteries I think.

Have a super Sunday

No comments :