Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 11 September 2019

Midweek and loss of motivation.



Well I am up, showered and dressed, but the motivation to do anything else has just gone.

After parting company with  our Quantity Surveyor on Friday, we had to let an electrical engineer go  yesterday, the reason.....poor time keeping, 48 days late out of 60, and he couldn't see anything wrong with it, as 'at least I got here eventually'.

I despair!

I panic if I don't get to the office by 7.45am and officially I don't start until 8am.

It really was a day of days yesterday.

And then there was Yorkshire, I couldn't believe it when I finally checked the scores at lunchtime,
Somerset pulled back some runs by tea.
Maharaj in his last game for the club took 5-54 helping to deny Somerset any batting points. They were all out for 199.
Yorkshire were 70-3 at stumps!!!

You lads had best come out this morning with nothing but runs on your mind.

Warwickshire need to buck their ideas up too against Essex, a win is what is needed but I'll settle for a draw.

Sussex bowled Gloucestershire out for 200 and need to at least finish above Durham this season!

'James Bond' had been sent on a mission to Brighton and so kept me up to date with my little boys
Good job he was on manoeuvres in that area as I couldn't find anything on the Yorks website apart from picture of GB and I don't mean Gary Ballance!
I finally managed to get hold of the live score and OMD!!!!
Matthew Revis and 'my' Tom !!!
I saw Tom get his 50 ( there are videos ) and was so excited I nearly cheered in the office.
Matthew was motoring on too.
By the time I got home Tom was out but not before scoring 115 off 183 balls.
I messaged him straight away!
And then there was Matthew!
Well he resumes today on 168.
Absolutely brilliant!.

'James' will be on call for the remainder of the match and I will be catching up with him in a couple of weeks.

And so back to today and I now have to drag myself out of the door and head to the office.
I really need to get the 'other' business up and running soon.

Just a thought, 18 years today we all got up to a very normal day, we all went to bed shaken to the core.
9/11



No comments :