Powered By Blogger

Monday 2 September 2019

Here we go again


Hello Monday how on earth did we get here again so quickly?

Hmmm and its not good to see that at regular getting up time (5.15am) it is still dark and worse still I had to put lights on last night before 9pm.
On top of that the trees are starting to lose their leaves at a rate of knots, Autumn is on the way and with it, the  end of the cricket season.

However before it comes to a close we have more Ashes action, T20 finals day ( I love the mascot race) and I have two more matches to watch.

Its also interesting to see that there are moves taking place already as Gareth Berg is going to stay at Northants where he is now on loan until the end of the season.

Somerset are parting company with Peter Trego, he has been a constant at the club but of late has not been able to make the first team. At 38, I wouldn't say he is washed up, and I expect that we  have not seen the last of the tattooed man who likes to think he is slightly eccentric.

Quarter finals take place this week and I know who I am cheering for.

Great news for Ben as all is sorted for him to head off to Australia for the winter, this really is a great opportunity for him and will be a wonderful experience.
I'm not sure who is the most excited! ( well I do and I think it might be him )

Ashes fever will be taking over this week in the press as we head for the 4th test at Old Trafford, Jimmy Anderson is ruled  out and the press made a meal of that.
It will be an interesting couple of matches to finish the series.

Here at The Wickets I am trying to get organised with things, yesterday saw me getting rid of the old dead wires at the front of the house, a legacy from its tenanted days. lots of wires to get rid of as well as some weeding.
I am looking to possibly put some plants out there so will have to get it sorted......................or I might do it next year!

Washing was done and a very good trip to the charity shop which saw me bringing home a brand new Whittards Christmas Tree tea light holder, very nice.

Well I have to now head out to work, only a few more days and then the roads will be back to chaos as the children return to school.

Roll on half term



No comments :