Powered By Blogger

Monday 9 September 2019

Its been some weekend






Well the weekend is over and its back to the saltmines for me, not a great prospect as we had to let the new Quantity Surveyor go on Friday, I think falling asleep at his desk was the final straw! we don't half pick them.

Friday saw me racing home to wait for the 'blind' man.................hmmm he didn't show up and I was less than happy. My dream of having beautiful white wood blinds up in the next few weeks is now back on hold!
I watched the cricket and England did not look comfortable.

Saturday morning saw me lying in bed watching DVD's until gone 9am ( not like me at all), then shower,  dressed and off to the town, to get some shopping and have a wander around to the charity shops.

I came back and settled down to watch the cricket and ended up having a snooze, woke up in time to see England go into back and see Joe Root out before stumps.

Oh deary deary ,me!!!


Sadder news came through , that Mark Harrison had passed away, Mark had fought a very long battle with Huntingtons Disease, the last few weeks being very difficult for both  him and his family.




                                                                      RIP Mark


Sunday was here in the blink of an eye and I was up to the usual washing and shopping, Chris popped round with the hounds, we had early morning coffee on the deck.

The new curtains were hung in my bedroom and new bedding put on, and look lovely.

It was also the birthday of Philip, and my oldest school friend Debbie, and all seemed to have had a good day...................


.....................which is something that England didn't have.

With Burns and Root both going for a duck on Saturday evening, it was painful to watch  yesterday especially Craig Overton and Jack Leach trying to hold the tail end up.

I'm not sure what the problem is, hubris?
they had World cup winners in the side and went into the first test full of bounce only to be brutally hacked down by the visitors.
2nd test match drawn, 3 rd test with the worst 1st innings score in years and then  Stokes  playing a blinder to pull off a win.
Bounced into 4th test and lost.

Firstly stop making one person the hero of the team!
Archer is not the Messiah
Stokes is not the greatest player ever.
They are part of a team, and the sooner that the England set up get them to act as a team, and stop the individual glory seeking, the better we will become.

Joe Root spoke out to say he is still the man for the job, well Joe, man up. stop wearing your heart on your sleeve.
I appreciate that hiding emotions is not easy but your expressions and body language yesterday from early afternoon, smacked of bitter realisation that we were on a hiding to nothing.
Not very encouraging for the team or the fans who were watching.

and with that I am off to put on a brave face and gee up my team for the week ahead.
Happy Monday 



No comments :