Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 10 September 2019

OMD!!!!!






Well waking up to the news that more Knighthoods have been handed out willy nilly, is not something that fills me with joy, after Alistair Cook being Knighted for doing his chosen job I now see that Andrew Strauss and Geoff Boycott have both been knighted in Teresa Mays   resignation honours.

Resignation Honours, WTF is that all about. What next?
One year in office honours?
Reshuffled the cabinet honours???
Seriously!

As I said when Cook was Knighted, it makes a mockery of our title system.
Good grief, it'll be HWMNBNITB next!!!!!

And Boycott will be even more unbearable than normal now!

Oh dear not a good way to start the morning all ranty!

Well it is the first day of County Championship matches and  my boys are down in Taunton.
I expect to see nothing but great cricket from them.
Jack Leaning is still named  in the squad, seems strange that after he announced that he was leaving for Kent, he suddenly gets a first team place!

Just saying!


In other county news, Mitchell Claydon is moving to Sussex from Kent next season, I kind of expected something like this, Sussex are trying to bolster their side. Claydon formerly played at Durham for a number of years before heading to Kent.

And talking Kent, with the news that Faf du Plessis is there and MAY be playing at Headingley, I am in a bit of a tizzy, after cancelling going to watch other cricket due to not being able to get there without taking a train to Outer Mongolia, change 10 times and then arrive in the destination 6 hours later, as well as paying the down payment on a small terraced house for the privilege, I had decided to go to Scarbados to watch 2nd X1 cricket and cheer on 'my' boys.
Now I have hotels booked in both Leeds and Scarbs and have no idea where I am going or which train to book!

Oh my dog, who knew the end of season would be so difficult!

Best head off to the salt mines, where its difficult all the time.

Have a cracking Tuesday.


















No comments :