Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 4 September 2019

mid week madness


Mid week again, it seems totally mad  that the weeks are whizzing by and we are speeding quickly towards the end of the cricket season for another year.
It seems a minute ago that I was so excited for the start of the season.
Mad to think that the release of the fixtures will be the  next exciting thing to happen  for me ( apart from my birthday but that goes without saying!)

Its been a year of highs and lows on the cricket  and personal front and I am personally putting in some extra training over the close season to make sure that I am super fit to take on all the opposition next season.
Fail to prepare etc, etc.

In cricket, its a full on busy day for test boys.
The papers are full of speculation, but having seen  the weather forecast I think that they may be battening down the hatches!.

In county news, I was shocked to see that Paul Stirling is leaving Middlesex after 10 years and has pledged his allegiance to Cricket Ireland. I wish him well he was a great part of Middlesex, there were some hints that the political situation here is not helping.

Notts have given young player Liam Patterson-White his first pro contract, we spotted him at Scarborough and  he had a good game there.
Good luck to him as he starts his professional career.


The weather here in the North East of Blighty is not too bad this morning although there was some over night rain, I am hoping that the forecast gales and rain  in the North west do not head this way.

In other exciting news, I am getting a new washing line ( whirligig style) today. ah its the simple things!


well as the schools are back today so I think that I need to get out on the road as my journey time will now double.

Have a great day where ever you are.



No comments :