Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 24 September 2019

Its a cold wet start here






Its was very dark when I woke up this morning but for that matter is was pitch dark at 8.15pm last night which is not something that I like at all.
Dark mornings make for a major struggle to get out of bed and so I think  that my choice of white curtains was a good one as they allow  in any light that there is.

However dark days are ahead so time to make the most of the the last week of the cricket season.

Somerset and Essex is the game to watch and  was being televised on Sky, Somerset were 4 wickets down when rain hit and after continuing to fall during the afternoon, play was called off at 4.45pm.
They were 75-4 overnight

Over in Kent it was a full on wicket fest as 13 fell on the first day. They seem to want to get the season over and done with asap.

And there was a game on at Edgbaston...........and I got the news that Tom was playing ( and not drinks running as he thought). He was going in at 3 so I headed into town to sort out some things and trying to take my mind off the fact that I was feeling very sick!
I was able to breathe easier when he was off the mark and partnering Tom K-C.
And what a partnership that turned out to be, the official Yorkshire Tom-Tom club.
Tom K-C 165* over night and looking good. He is a great player and will definitely be one of the team who moves Yorkshire forward next season.

And then there was 'my' Tom, well as if making his FC debut wasn't huge enough, he only went and got his first half century.
He fell on 58, but that was a great score.
His work with Tom K-C put us in a good position on the start of day two.

Go well all the lads, lets go out with a win.

In sad news, Shane Warne has been banned from driving  for 12 months. Goodness me how much will the mini bus hire be for him to ferry his lady friends around?

And with that I am off to do stuff....................and hopefully finalise some important stuff.








No comments :