Powered By Blogger

Thursday 12 September 2019

getting closer to the weekend



Well its Thursday and only 1.5  working days  until the weekend and a very long one for me as I head off on the cricket trail again.

Today I am determined to stay cool, calm  and collected....................my guess is that this will last until I get over the A1 roundabout heading workward on the A167.
Its been a very stressful week in the land of waste water, ground water and water treatment!


So before I launch into the Yorkshire 1st team results,   I am starting with the 2nd XI.

Now anyone who knew me about 30 years ago will know that 2nd XI cricket was something that I loved to go and watch on my week day days off, weekends were for County championship and  Sunday league matches.

Oh the good old days when cricket was aimed at the  workers.
This love of 2nd XI cricket never went away it just became impossible to go to see through work commitments ( and County championship became the same too).
So being able to keep up to date with the 2nds in Sussex this  week and seeing some outstanding performances by  the lads has made my week, I knew that Ben was stranded on 24 yesterday due to bad light, but I watched the videos of some of those shots!

And then there is the 1st XI, starting the day on 70-3, I checked in at lunch time after a meeting................what the donald duck was going on all on? All out ( well 9 as Ben Coad was unable to bat) for 109!

I had such high hopes which were shattered by tea, when Somerset although having lost 2 early wickets were clocking up runs at a rate of knots. At stumps they were 269-5.

Today sees the start of the final Ashes test and  England decided to shake up the team, not sure that this was the time but hey, I'm not the captain.

Well time to head off and work towards the end of the season, however there is the joy of knowing that I will hearing even more patter of studs on grass next season.

Happy Thursday.





No comments :