Powered By Blogger

Saturday 11 August 2018

A foraging we will go



Well, the blog is running late today and not because I had a lie in, quite the opposite, Miss Margot and I have been out walking since 6am, and what a beautiful morning it is too.

I managed to pick some blackberries and some already ripe sloes ( Mr Funky told me it was going to be a good year for sloes) and also found some beautiful cherry plums. These will be in the pot tomorrow to whip up a batch of 'hedgerow' chutney ( not hedgehog as my pals at Flicx UK called it!).

Miss Margot is now fast asleep on my bed and I am hoping that the sunshine holds and we can sit in the garden this morning and afternoon, before we have a trip to the seaside tonight.


Today will hopefully be spend listening to the test match ( and Miss Margot scaring off next doors cat).
Yesterday the test got underway and with a fabulous 5-20 by James Anderson, England bowled India out for 107.
It should be a good day today.

My boys have lost their captain as Patto is ruled out for 5 weeks with a broken finger, and after  being thrashed last night by Notts we seem to be jinxed.
We will however come back stronger we all know this, its the Yorkshire way.

Sussex have been jinxed two nights on the bounce by the weather!

Well I have lots to do today,  which includes, parcelling up some chutney to send out and  then  sitting in my fabulous garden chair and soaking up the rays. so best get to it.

have a super Saturday, Miss Margot and I are going to make sure we do.



No comments :