Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 21 August 2018

back home



Well I am back from my travels and woke up in my own bed without the screeching of seagulls this morning. Just the chattering of the magpies as my early morning alarm call.

I travelled to Scarborough on Saturday on what was one of the worst journeys I have had in a while. Only to find that I had left Pink hippo in Leeds!!!

 Once I had checked into the hotel I had a walk along the beach and then settled down for the night ready for play on Sunday.

I arrived and met up with the lovely Andy who has the shop at the ground, I then got ready for play. Yorkshire batting, they were all out for 216 and Worcestershire  took to the crease. bad light brought them off and also saw the end of play for the day.

It was announced that the media room were Cally did his commentaries was being named after him and a plaque was unveiled. a wonderful tribute to a wonderful man.

I managed to catch up with Rick, and Ted and Norma at the bookstall. Met Jemima and then headed back to the hotel for some sleep.
Monday morning I was woken at 4am by said gulls and watched Scarborough come to life from my hotel room window.

I then had a lovely walk through the town to the ground.

Yorkshire were not having much luck getting wickets and although they managed one before Worcestershire took control.

I caught up with John from Cricket Yorkshire  at lunch. He is writing a book about memories of the festival, something that I look forward to reading, and had a good old chin wag.

Rain came before tea and I headed home.

Today looks as if my boys need to get the wickets in early to stop the rot.

I had some sad news whilst at the festival, a lovely man who I have sat next to for years ( and still don't know his name) is very poorly and not expected to recover. his daughter told me  that he is at home and its the first time in nearly 60 years that he hadn't made the festival.

Such sad news.

However today I will be keeping an eye on all things at the ground and also trying to  sort out to get time off to head to Trent Bridge for our game there in a couple of weeks.

Fingers crossed for that.


have a great day.





No comments :