Powered By Blogger

Saturday 25 August 2018

Sleep in Saturday











So here we are, Bank Holiday weekend and lots to do.


As per usual, the washing machine is on , the dishwasher is on rinse and I am getting ready to head out of the door for a brisk 2 mile walk, with a spot of foraging slotted in for good measure.
Tonight is ‘dressy up’ night as  I head off to a birthday party and I am still struggling to find anything to wear. I know there will be something lurking in the wardrobe to put on, I just have to find it.

Last night, Mr Funky and I headed up to the Riverside ground to watch Durham v Sussex. I had no preference as to who would win, it was just that as there was cricket on near by  it was worth going to watch.
And it was flipping freezing I can tell you!

I managed to also do a 'live' chutney tuition during the course of the game, something that I never thought I would write in the blog! And I have to say the finished  Fig chutney looked brilliant. Well done Martin.

We now know that  Sussex   are off to finals day.


Still backing Worcester and Notts in the final.

I will be watching the QF this afternoon, after I have tackled the Deer Park, which is getting slightly overgrown, I cannot wait for a smaller garden.

There is ( as expected) some chutney making going on this weekend and I am now running very short of jam jars, I may have to go and source some more fancy ones!

I have a lot of fruit to use up and much more to forage this weekend to fill the freezer with.

And that's about it for this morning as I am just about to head out of the door.

have a fabulous weekend




No comments :