Powered By Blogger

Friday 31 August 2018

What a day ( if you love Hoddy)




Well Hoddy is  back in the 1st team for what  may be the last time, (although Jim & I am secretly hoping that he will be at TB next week).
We are now heading into day 3 of the game against Somerset.
Hoddy and Tom K-C put on a fabulous show for the crowd and we go into today trailing by 107 runs but with my beloved Hoddy on 84. I don't think that I am the only person willing him on to a century!


I have been doing the mental calculations of points re batting bowling and possibly winning or a draw, we need every point that we can get,that’s the truth.
Time to draw on every reserve that we have to get us through to the end of the season.


Durham were beaten in less than 2 days!

We also had the first day of the test from the beautiful Ageas Bowl ( a personal favourite ground of mine). Jennings once again made me wonder how he is
1. In the team
2. Still in the team.
To be honest I'm not sure why half the team are in the team, but the selectors know best.
At stumps England were 246 all out and India were 19-0

So cricket round up Durham did a Durham, then England did a Durham, then Yorkshire did an England, but managed to pull it back in the afternoon.

I’m back in the office today ( well it is bacon butty Friday ), I’m feeling a bit  better than I was this time last week ( although this time last week, I just thought that I was over worked and tired out).
This working from home thing is not something that I want to go back to, ( I did it in London and when I moved back to the North East) I miss the office banter.
I have however found myself a couple of things to do over the winter, one cricket related and the other a history course on the The Spanish in South America ( Latin America).

Something different and hopefully keep me out of mischief. I also have some sewing plans to keep me busy too.

I am awaiting a follow up call to the telephone call I took on Tuesday. It may all seem a bit cloak and dagger but all may be revealed in a couple of weeks one way or the other.
Lots to think about.

Lots to do too, so have a great Friday .



No comments :