Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 22 August 2018

Midweek misery?







Is a change really as good as a rest?
What does that actually mean?

I have been away, had a ‘rest’ and come back to work, to the start of the  ‘change’ we have been working up to , do I feel any better for it,well actually no I don’t.

Changes are unsettling for anyone and although they probably work out right in the end, the interim can be slightly traumatic.

This is the situation for me at the moment, I feel that I am being pulled in lots of work directions and  not actually making it to a final destination.
Not ideal.

I think that it is a bit like  this for my beloved Yorkshire, they are in the middle of change, with players leaving or already gone, some not giving a final decision as to whether they will stay another season.
Fans baying for Andrew Gales head and rumours bouncing around the amphitheatre of North Marine Road that make me decidedly uneasy.

The next few weeks are going to be very telling.

And it is not just my boys who are having it rough.
Former champions Middlesex, won a title  in 2016,and then next season were relegated, they must be glad that there is no division 3  or they could be in danger of slipping in to that one.
Its been a hard season although some of their boys showing great ability (James Harris comes to mind). I think that heads may be rolling at Lords too.
The season end is going to be quite telling in lots of quarters I guess.

Back to my boys. I was praying for rain at NMR for the last 2 days  of the match,meaning that we would at least come out of this with a draw, however it was not to be yesterday.
With 216 runs still needed it is going to be an impossible task.

And England were set such a laborious task that even Hercules would have baulked at it.
Would they get over 500 runs?, well of course not.
Jennings was out  and back at his seat in the dressing room  before  his tea got cold , Cook was back in the hutch  10 minutes later, ensuring his  place in the lunch queue.
Could Root save the day and get a quintuple century………………………….. nope!
Buttler scored a century but it is looking as if we are standing on the Beachy Head of cricket about to jump.


Id there a shake up coming in the England set up? should there be?
We will all be waiting to see what  is going to happen in the next few weeks?
It may not be what we want, but a change is as good as a rest, n’est pas????!!!!!

No comments :