Powered By Blogger

Monday 6 August 2018

weekend over



Well you may ( or may not ) have noticed that there was no blog yesterday, this was due to quite a lot of work going on at the Chateau.

I was the first in the queue at the 'dechetterie' to off load things that I was getting rid of from the garage. I then popped round to see my chum Chris in her new house and then back to the Chateau to whip up a couple of batches of chutney, which are now stored away for Xmas.
I strained the sloe gin and rhubarb gin ( and used the rhubarb in chutney), and then decanted the elderflower vinegar that had been brewing for a month. This will be used in a spiced apple chutney next month when I get a bag of windfall apples.
Yes the preparations for Xmas are well underway, I will be starting on the cakes as soon as the cricket season is over.

After all that, I managed to have a couple of hours sitting in the garden and before I knew it,it was time to go to bed!!

In cricket as you all know, England won the test match against India.

Dark clouds seem to be looming over Headingley as it is rumoured that Jack Brooks will be departing and heading to Somerset.
This caused a lot of debate on Twitter, to be fair if he wants to go then he is best heading off, no point in trying to make someone stay who doesn't want to be with us.
I personally feel that there will be a major clear out at the club and the upcoming talent will be allowed to shine.
This in itself is just what we need.

The words 'seasoned professionals' was bandied around. And also the fact that Tim Bresnan might leave too, well in fairness I feel the same as with Jack, if he wants to go and if (as rumoured) its about money and length of contract, then so be it.

Yorkshire do not want to be stuck in the Durham /Harmison rut, give a 3 year contract and then get nothing out of the player for most of that time.

Well I appear to be heading for a rant, so best to hop off and face the roadworks on the way to the office.

I will however leave you with one last thought, you only get seasoned professionals by giving youth a chance to become just that!


Happy Monday




No comments :