Powered By Blogger

Thursday 16 August 2018

Recap Thursday










Well, yesterdays blog seemed to get a lot of people discussing the current situation at Yorkshire.

The consensus is that players not performing and at end of contract do well to look else where. We need players who want to play for the club and do so to the best of their ability.

Some were making out that Lees form went into a decline when Dizzy left but to be honest his form and captaining was questionable in the season of 2016

There were a minority who were still yelling for Dizzy to come back or Paul Farbrace or Mags or  my cousin Jim ( OK thats a fib) just  anyone that wasn't Galey!!!!

Andrew Gale is the man for the job, if people would give him a chance and stop criticising his every move.

Galey is not the only person in the decision making process, the Board and Director of cricket all have their say so I expect that those who blame Gale would also want an overhaul of the whole set up.
It is always  interesting to see how people feel, since I write  how I see it, it is not everyone’s opinion, I just put my thoughts to paper.

One early morning tweet though did make me smile and laugh as I was told that this was not what was expected from the blog entitled ‘ the one where I get all randy!’.

I quickly checked the title to make sure that I hadn’t made a HUGE faux pas.

Luckily not, but my poor migraine suffering friend had not been focussing properly.

I will however be using that title in my forthcoming bestseller  ‘50 shades of cricket whites’!!!!

Since Tuesday afternoon, some attention has been diverted to the  Stokes ‘thing’ , which I think has taken the shine off the Lees move, so Galey will be getting a bit of Twitter peace.

The end of the season is fast approaching and that means another sad goodbye to one of Lady Laineys favourite.
Hoddy will be retiring, he has been a great ambassador for the club and is one of the nicest men on the circuit.
Although not a ‘real’ Tyke, he has represented the club in true Yorkshire fashion.
There is only one Hoddy! 


Well time to hit the road, I hope that you have a terrific Thursday, there is T20 tonight too!

No comments :