Powered By Blogger

Monday 28 January 2019

Another week begins

As Monday starts, I am sitting here wondering what the week ahead has to throw at me.
Lets hope it is a quiet week, with no letters of resignation on my desk when I get in.

Yesterday was a lovely day of 'self care' which is what my Sundays have become. I am slowly learning the art of taking care of me.
Weekends have also become a 'low social media' event. I also keep my phone on silent.
All to improve my quality of free time.

Yesterday though I did watch some of the South African pink game, which saw Pakistan win.

Ive caught up on all the excuses for a poor England performance on the first test.

So here is the run down

1. They didn't have enough warm up games!

2. They need to be tougher mentally

3 They need to be bold ( ?)

4 Poor preparation

5 Incorrect selection of team


Well where to start?

The truth of the matter is that no amount of warm ups,  change of team etc etc etc would have  saved them.
The West Indies did what they do best, came out and played on home turf, and played brilliantly.

No doubt England will now be adding a psychiatrist to the list of back room hangers on, to keep the boys mentally prepped!

We lost,get over it, move on and hope that we make a better effort this week.

And if you get the chance to listen to the take on 'American Pie' entitled 'Australian Lie' then do!

I am now heading off to the orifice, its good to see that the mornings are becoming lighter, it is only just over 2 months until the clocks go forward.

Happy Monday


No comments :