Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 23 January 2019

midweek and rather chilly!






Flipping heck!!! It is absolutely chuffing freezing and I ( stupidly) have just been out to the recycling bin in my dressing gown!
I never learn.

Luckily there has been none of the forecast 'white stuff' although  they are still talking about it on the radio.
Oh joy!

Well snow is not something that should hamper England today, as they kick off their tests series in the West Indies,this afternoon ( our time). Interesting to hear Joe Root say that it doesn't matter who gets the runs as long as we win'.
I'm more worried about the bowling...............

Winning was on the cards for South Africa as they beat Pakistan  by 5 wickets.

And Yorkshire announced that they have ( finally) signed their choice of batting coach.
Firstly I am sad that my besty pal didn't take the job,but I totally understand why.
I am glad to see that they have chosen Paul Grayson to take the role.
He has tons of experience and is just what we need.
I totally support Andrew Gale but he came straight from the game to being coach and I think that the support of Grayson might be what he needs.

Rich Pyrah ( bowling coach) was straight out of the team  to coaching too, so getting someone with a good amount of coaching experience behind him is very welcome.

Lets see the team rejuvenated when the season starts.

I am waiting for the 2nd county championship game when the Yawnshire moaners start there 'out' campaign!

I also need to head out of the door and get off to the office.

Morale is at rock bottom and it is getting harder to gee up the team.
I can only hope that things pick up soon
we have plenty of work, but struggling to get the staff to do it.
so more for muggings to sort out.


On days like this the thought of running away really is on my mind.



No comments :