Powered By Blogger

Thursday 24 January 2019

Nearly there






It's absolutely freezing and everything is white outside.
I am rather worried about my hydrangeas which due to the mild weather that we have had, decided to not only form buds but actually come into leaf.
There was some serious moving of pots around last night as I tried to get them safely against the garage wall.
I really hope that they are OK, especially after the nightmare I had with them last year.

So England were in action and Captain Root made the decision to put Curran in for Broad.........................yes he omitted Broad, which I think was a brave decision and showing that Joey has finally got this Captain thing together.
Curran didn't take wickets but James Anderson did shine and as talk of his retirement is bandied around, it will be interesting to see how we replace him.
England had the Windies 264-8 at stumps.

I was shocked to see that Johan Botha has retired with immediate effect, especially as he is in the middle of a spell with Hobart in the BBL.He has said wear and tear on his body and sheer physical fatigue are the reasons.
Strange that he couldn't have gone a couple of more weeks.

Olly Stone is back home and has been assessed on his back injury which is in fact a stress fracture. It is still unclear whether he will be fit for the start of the season.

Ah well best to close off now and head off to the saltmines.
Another day to get through.
After one of my boys was taken in to a meeting with Richard Tator yesterday at 1pm and he still wasn't out when I went home ( and I stayed back after everyone had gone to  sort out some things) I wonder if I may be one more person down today.

Have a great Thursday.

No comments :