Powered By Blogger

Thursday 31 January 2019

Busy day






Well it was a super busy day yesterday as work was full on and then got home in time to have some work done in the kitchen.
By the time it was bed time I felt as if I had run a marathon ( not that  I have any idea what that feels like).


And now I am reading the news and see that England have dropped Jennings ( well hardly surprising) and replaced him with Joe Denly. 'Sir' Alastair Cook has questioned this, well mate I rated you as a great player but question the Knighthood!

As for  Joe Denly to open the batting, well he hardly has much to live up to from the first test.

I foresee a lot of jiggling of this team over the next few weeks.


James Franklin has been appointed as Head coach at Durham and will be assisted by Neil Killeen and Alan walker who have both signed extensions to their contract.
Alan Walker!!!!!
The luckiest blighter in the world, at the end of a non eventful career at Northamptonshire, Geoff Cook lured him to Durham in about 93/94 and there he has stayed since, in both playing and coaching capacity. That was some lucky move.
My thoughts, let some one else have a bite of the cherry, but it looks as if he just can't let go ( a little bit like Geoff Cook before he was eventually ousted)
The question is will all of this bring Durham back into division one.
I don't think so.


And then there is SA, well just to say that they won the ODI series and with a fabulous knock by de Kock and a 50 from Faf, made my day. Even Dale took a wicket to keep me happy.

Well another night and another strange dream. I am thinking that they are telling me to get out travelling as I was watching cricket in Trondheim, and at this time of year I am sure that it should  have had some polar bears in the mix.

We still have no snow and although cold, the sun is amazingly strong during the day.
And with that I had best pull on my thermals and head to the saltmines.
Pennies to earn and all that malarky.

No comments :