Powered By Blogger

Monday 11 February 2019

Back on the hamster wheel



Well the weekend has flown by in a haze of housework, washing,visits and visiting friends and family.

Saturday morning saw me racing around like a bit of a maniac, as I went to see No 1 sister and then take the car to the garage.
Back to town and shopping and mooching before heading home for cricket, which was very very poor. So I went to bed and had an hours sleep.

Not feeling any less tired I went back to bed just after 8pm!!

So Sunday dawned with the usually bed stripping and washing, trip to Tesco for more shopping and then a visit from Pauly Paul,who came bearing lots of news and gossip.
 It was a lovely (cold)  sunny day so I then walked down to the village to meet extended family of BKOTF ( I went to their wedding last year), and grab a bite to eat.

I was home by late afternoon to see that England were all out 277.
And then Mark Wood went through the Windies like a dose of salts.
He is now the hero of England, having taken a 5fer, so no pressure on him. And to be honest with his history of breaking down, pressure on any part of him is not advisable.
England bowled them out for154 and are currently 19 -0.

Lets see what today brings.

Over in Australia, former temporary Tyke, Glenn Maxwell was up to his hard hitting antics in his game, seeing Melbourne Stars into the semi final pf the BBL.
I will never forget his innings at Scarbados.

And so it is time to head to the office and begin another week. 
I'm totally unsure what it will hold ( although I do have a meeting after work Thursday evening), I know that my 2 days at the Spa are coming up and I am really looking forward to it.
So lets get back on the hamster wheel and  get the week started.



No comments :